A beat making software is a blessing for those who wish to create musical tunes both as their passion and profession. High-end music creation programs come at an outrageous cost, which does not suit everybody’s budget.
In such scenarios using an excellent free music maker software can help you live your passion without putting an unwanted strain on your pocket. Thankfully, there are several best free software available to make Beat, which does not carry a huge price tag but at the same time, does not compromise on essential functionalities.
Further, in this blog, we will discuss some of the top Beat making software for Windows and Mac systems that are suitable for both beginners and more seasoned music composers.
So let’s get started.
Table of Contents show
Best Beat Making Software For Windows & Mac In 2022
If you call yourself a music lover, check out our curated list below to know about the best software to create your own high-quality music beats.
1. Magix Music Maker – Compatible With Windows
Compatibility:- Windows 7 or above
Magix Music Maker is one of the most popular apps for fabricating beats for your music piece. It is most suited for beginners and is widely used across the globe.
So if you are new to music-making and have a rough idea about beats and tune creation, Magix Music Maker is what you need. It is mainly designed for the Windows platform and comes with several useful and advanced functionalities. Download it today to create impressive sound effects and beats.
Read Also: Best Audio Recording Software For Windows
It can run effortlessly on a 521 MB graphic and 2GB RAM card device and can create different types of sound pools.
As an added advantage, it also has a music tutorial for beginners. All-in-all it is one of the best music making software for PC, which can find in the market currently.
- In-app tutorials
- Availability of 17 drum kits and 200 patterns
- Song maker AI with 8 soundpools and 49 song templates
- Customizable user interface
- Hardware integration with visual feedback, feature mapping, and one-shots
2. Ableton Live – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- macOS, Windows
Price:- Intro costs $79, Standard costs $359, Suite costs $599
Next in the list of Beat Making Software For Windows is Ableton Live. To start with, you can opt for its free trial and switch on to its paid version later on.
You can download it from its official website and enjoy its premium offerings and features. Using this music maker software is exceptionally easy and gives you a music studio experience on your home PC.
So, what are you waiting for download it today to generate awesome beat sounds.
- 3 high-end sound instruments, namely Upright Piano, Brass Quartet, and String Quartet
- Voice Box, Mood Reel, and Drone Lab sound packs
- 6 instruments and sound effects inspired by Nature
- Supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Link Tracks option to edit multiple soundtracks simultaneously
3. FL Studio – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows 8.1 or later, macOS
Price:- $99 for Fruity Edition, $199 for Producer Edition, $399 for All Plugins Edition
Polish your songs with best beat music. Use FL Studios to turn your musical ideas into striking hits. It offers an excellent way to capitalize on your love for music and is highly trusted by people of all ages.
It is, without a doubt, one of the most stunning software that can enhance the quality of beats and sound effects of your song. For those who are still in their learning stages, can study the work of their ideals.
Create your music tracks, beats, tones, and tunes with this fantastic tool.
- Over 66 effects
- 3 audio editor plugins (Edison, Newtime, and Newtone)
- 33 instruments such as Autogun, BassDrum, etc.
- Video and visual tools like Wave Candy, etc.
4. orDrumbox – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows, macOS, Linux
Loaded with several advanced and optimized features, orDrumbox is a good pick for creating unique music pieces. It comes with a user-friendly and straightforward interface that promises effortless usage.
In addition to Windows and Mac OS, it also works seamlessly well on Linux OS. OrdrumBOX not only helps you in creating your music but also helps in editing music beat files and saving your final creation. Moreover, you can even upload your files on OrdrumBox for others to view and rate your songs.
With its extraordinary features, OrdrumBOX is becoming a trend among passionate music lovers and should not be missed at any cost.
- Availability of drag and drop option
- Option to add time-saving loop points for automating longer tracks
- Automatic composition tool
- Import tool to get drum kits, adjust gate and pitch, and apply BP or LP filters
5. MuseScore – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows, Linux, macOS, iPadOS, iOS, Android
Price:- Free version, $49 for Pro version
This is another quite famous and excellent Beat Maker Software. Its magnificent list of features makes it an outstanding tool among music lovers.
Two of its most different offerings are one it comes with an attractive and straightforward UI, and second, it provides all necessary learning tools that are essential for any beginner. MuseScore offers an easy and convenient way to create music beats and is a must-have for all fascinated by music.
Use it to record and edit your recordings, and you can download the final piece in your desired format like OGG, Wav, etc.
- Supports input through MIDI keyboard
- Transfer from and to other programs through MIDI, MusicXML, etc.
- Style management
- Insertion of lyrics
- Time and key signatures
- Export music sheets to formats like PNG and OGG
Compatibility:- Linux, Windows, macOS
If you are looking for a free yet incredible beat making software for your PC, then look no further LMMS can be a good pick for you. In addition to Windows and Mac OS platforms, it is also compatible with Linux.
The graphics interface provided by LMMS is of average level, but its high-end features and functionalities compensate well for this. If needed, you can also access its voluminous database of sample tunes while recording music and creating beats. OGG, Wav, etc. are different formats in which you can download your final creation.
- Modern and easy to use
- 16 synthesizers available for free
- Supports both MIDI and typing keyboard
- Instrument track consolidation with Beat+ Bassline Editor
- Piano Roll Editor to improve patterns, notes, chords, and melodies
- MIDI files and Hydrogen project files import
7. DrumFlow – Windows and Mac OS
Price:- Free version, $35
Next on our list of top beat maker software is Drumflow, and as its name suggests, it is used to create music beat files and various composure.
The only downside of this incredible tool is that it does not offer a high-end graphic-user interface but still pleases its users with its simple UI and an extensive list of functionalities. It has been in the market for quite some time now and is fully compatible with Mac OS and Windows systems.
The tool will surely help you capitalize on your love for music.
- In-built editor for the drum setup
- Custom percussion parts creation with drum adjustment
- Export of percussion parts to MIDI editor
- Tone and pitch adjustments
8. Garageband – Mac OS
Compatibility:- iPadOS, iOS, MacOS
Read More: Best Free Audio Sound Equalizer For Windows 10
Garageband is another impressive beat maker tool that you can use to create stunning music beats and sounds. It comes with remarkable features and an excellent Graphic UI.
The software is available only for Mac users. It also comes with a detailed guidebook, which you can use to learn to play the keyboard and guitar. It can also be used to remove noise extortion. Furthermore, you can also use it to scale the bass volume and set equalizers wherever required.
Overall, it’s a good option for Mac users.
- Neatly shown hip-hop, multitrack, blank project, and electronic options
- Easily editable Smart Drum Kits
- Supports a lot of advanced plugins
- High-end controls for automation
9. HammerHead Rhythm Station – Windows
If you are looking for a world-class software that can assist you in creating music and provide excellent features, then HammerHead can be a decent pick. For people who are new to this field can use its detailed guide for creating good music tracks and beats.
The software is only available for Windows users and helps make impressive music beats. All-in-all the software is worth a try.
- WAV import
- In-built drum synths
- Polyrhythms and polymeters support
- MIDI support
- Runs as an AUv3 plugin
10. Native Instruments Maschine MK2 – Windows and Mac
Compatibility:- Windows and macOS
Another excellent music maker software for Mac and Windows system is Native Instruments. It is a free tool and comes with a demo tutorial for easy use.
Read More: Best Music Player Apps For iPhone
It has an extensive music library and offers great functionalities that can assist you in creating stunning music pieces.
- Boasts a sample library containing over 6GB of sounds
- MASSIVE Synth Plug-in
- Multifunctional Master Push Encoder option
- Acts as a multi-effect unit, sequencer, VST/AU plug-in-host, sampler, and multi-effect tool
11. Sonic Producer
Compatibility:- MacOS, Windows
If you are looking for a basic level beat making software, then Sonic Producer can be a good pick. Although it’s overall functionality is far below from other well-known names, it still has a generous list of features to offer.
It works on both Mac and Windows systems and comes with several instructional videos for beginners.
- 4-octave keyboards and 12 customizable drum pads
- 16 channel mixer
- Direct uploads to Facebook
- A lot of sounds to select from
- Option to save a beat online and finish it later
12. BTV Solo – Mac and Windows
Compatibility:- Windows and MacOS
BTV Solo is a stand-alone software for all music lovers. Use it to create music beats, customize existing songs, and tweak individual music samples.
It comes with a host of useful editing tools, built-in mixers, drum kits, and sound effects. It’s clean and straightforward UI ensures its effortless working. Compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- MIDI keyboard support
- Highly customizable
- Drag and drop functionality
- Real-time export
- In-built sequencer based on pattern
- Patterns, songs, tracks, or individual pads sharing as 24-bit WAV files/studio quality 16
13. Dr. Drum – Digital Beat Making Software
Compatibility:- MacOS and Windows
Dr. Drum is a good choice for beginners who want to polish their music creation skills without spending a lot. It is a basic beat making software for Mac and Windows but comes with a massive array of features and offerings.
It is best suited for hobbyists who want to train themselves in music-making.
- 16 track sequencer
- 12 pad drum machine
- 4-octave keyboard
- Availability of training tutorials
Price:- Free to try Musink Lite, Musink Pro costs $60
The next free beat making software on our list is called Musink. Trusted by millions of composers, this tool comes with an easy to use notation editor that allows you to create beautiful music effortlessly. This software is available in two versions: Musink Lite & Musink Pro.
The paid version of Musink offers all the standard features along with a few advanced ones like template designer, looped playback, and MIDI devicerecordings.
If you want to give this incredibly designed music maker a try, you can download its free and premium version from the link given below.
- MIDI device support
- Import and export of MIDI files
- Snippet, scores, books, and MIDI files composition
- Support for looped playback
- Built-in template designer
- Auto layout mechanism
- Exportation of drum loops
15. Splice Beat Maker
Price:- $7.99 per month
Anyone who wants to create and share sequenced beats using tons of popular samples and loops should definitely get Splice Beat Maker software. With the help of this top beat generator software, you can edit the original sounds of your favorite artists(like KRNE, KSHMR, and more) with just a click of a button.
This online beat maker software is recommended for professional music beat creators who are used to working with such type of tools.
- Supports MIDI devices
- Filters based on genre, BPM, key, etc.
- Drag and drop downloading
- AI-powered searching, browsing, and sound syncing
Compatibility:- Windows 7 or higher
Cakewalk is one of the oldest beat making software. It has been in the market for more than 30 years now. The software offers a complete package for music production. You can easily compose, record, edit, mix, and share. Not only this the software has won many awards for its unique yet simple UI. Irrespective of your experience in the field you can easily adapt to the interface and use the software.
The software has no limit, you can have unlimited audio, MIDI, loop, instrument, and auxiliary track in the project. It offers a huge list of instruments that you can use in creating the song you like. Apart from this Cakewalk is the first software to offer a 64-bit mix engine.
The best part about this software is that it is available for free which means anyone who wishes to create music can use this software and easily create whatever they like. For using this software all you need to have is a PC with Windows 7 or above, 3GB disk space, 4GB RAM, and 1280X800 screen resolution.
- Useful help module
- Flexible layout, display settings, and color theme selection
- 64-bit mix engine and ProChannel
- MIDI support
- Plug-in parameters adjustment via MIDI controllers
Final Words: Best Software to Create Your Own Music Beats (2022)
So, this is a well-researched rundown of the best beat making software for Mac and Windows that will help you polish your music-making skills. These software provides the much-needed platform to passionate music lovers; use one to record, edit, and save your creations.
Compare each of the aforementioned software and then choose the best-suited one to make different types of beats and music compositions. And, do subscribe to our Newsletter to stay updated and informed. Plus, follow us on social media platforms too. That’s all, as for now, we’ll come sooner with yet another tech blog to help you out. Till then, create your own beats!
Some of the best beat making software include Magix Music Maker, FL Studio, and Logic Pro. Each of these programs have simple interfaces and offer loops and samples you can use in your beat. Magix Music Maker is free, FL Studio has a free version, and Logic Pro is a paid program only available to Apple users.What is the best free beat maker for Windows 10? ›
- Magix Music Maker.
- MPC Beats.
- Serato Studio.
- Pro Tools.
- Logic Pro. Logic Pro is the application for creating new instrumentals developed by Apple and is currently among the best DAWs for music production. ...
- Studio One. ...
- Reason Studios. ...
- FL Studio. ...
- Ableton Live.
- Magix Music Maker. ...
- FL Studio. ...
- MuseScore. ...
- Drumflow. ...
- Hydrogen. ...
- Ordrumbox. ...
- HammerHeadRhythmStation. ...
- Audacity. Audacity is the original free DAW. ...
- Garageband. ...
- Ableton Live Lite. ...
- Tracktion Waveform Free. ...
- Pro Tools First. ...
- Ohm Studio. ...
- Cubase LE. ...
- FL Studio.
- Ableton Live.
- Magix Music Maker.
- Logic Pro.
- Ableton. ...
- Avid Pro Tools. ...
- PreSonus Studio One. ...
- Audacity. ...
- Waveform Pro & Free. ...
- Steinberg Cubase. ...
- Reaper. ...
- iZotope Music Production Suite.
- Splice Sounds. Price: $7.99 monthly subscription. ...
- Soundtrap. Price: £9.99 monthly subscription. ...
- Gismart Beat Maker. Price: Free. ...
- Intua. Price: $24.99, one-off purchase. ...
- Serato Studio. Price: $9.99 monthly subscription. ...
- ROLI Beatmaker Kit. ...
- MAGIX Music Maker. ...
These are the best free music-making programs on PC and Mac: Waveform Free – best free digital audio workstation. Studio One Prime – best free audio recording software. Audacity – best free audio editor.Who is the best beat maker in the world? ›
|1||Dr. Dre||West Coast Style|
|2||Kanye West||Midwest Style and Flipping Samples|
|3||Rick Rubin||80's Boom-Bap|
Many producers also use Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Cubase or Protools or Studio One.What software Song producers use? ›
A digital audio workstation, or DAW, is an electronic device or piece of software for digital music creation. Popular DAW's are Ableton Live, Pro Tools, FL Studio and Logic Pro X. Additionally music producers will use virtual instruments (VST's) in these DAW's.Where do I start with beat-making? ›
- Step 1: Define your vibe. ...
- Step 2: Create a bass line. ...
- Step 3: Add in the drums. ...
- Step 4: Add melodic elements. ...
- Step 5: Fill in the gaps. ...
- Step 6: Expand the beat. ...
- Step 7: Mix and master your beat.
The artist who crafts the beat is the producer (or beatmaker), and the one who crafts the rap is the MC (emcee).Which Daw is easiest for beginners? ›
- DAWs for beginners Q&A.
- Best DAWs for Beginners. Apple GarageBand. Bandlab. Roland Zenbeats. PreSonus Studio One Artist. Bitwig Studio. Steinberg Cubase Elements. Reason Studio.
Audacity is a free, open-source Daw that's available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It's one of the most popular Daws due to its features and ease of use. It offers a variety of features that makes it a great choice for music production.How much RAM do I need to make beats? ›
8 GB is plenty for the majority of music production processing. 16 or 32 GB can help if you plan to work with the large sample libraries that are needed to emulate acoustic instruments realistically. But think twice before you pay steep prices to max out your computer's RAM.Can you create a beat using a Mac? ›
GarageBand is a fully equipped music creation studio right inside your Mac — with a complete sound library that includes instruments, presets for guitar and voice, and an incredible selection of session drummers and percussionists.What software do music editors use? ›
|Audacity Best Overall||Free||Windows, Mac, Linus|
|GarageBand Best Free||Free||Mac|
|Adobe Audition Best for Live Music||$20.99 per month||Windows, Mac|
|Hindenburg Journalist Pro Best for Podcasts||$399||Windows, Mac|
Kanye West often does not use a DAW when making music. He uses hardware for sampling, writing, and adding beats. However, he and his team have been seen using both Pro Tools and FL Studio for recording.
n-Track Studio DAW 9
If you want to turn your Android device into a pocket-size studio, then n-Track Studio DAW is the perfect option for you. It is the best music app that offers all the necessary functions you need to make your composition.
- CREATE SHARE-WORTHY CONTENT. ...
- FIND YOUR TARGET MARKET AND AIM TOWARDS THEM. ...
- TELL YOUR STORY AND BE 100% AUTHENTIC. ...
- NETWORK WITH INFLUENCERS AND ADD VALUE TO THEM. ...
- GROWTH HACK YOUR WAY TO FAME. ...
- DON'T CONCENTRATE ONLY ON THE ENDGAME. ...
- USE YOUR CONNECTIONS. ...
You can easily copyright your beats or songs in the United States at Copyright.gov under the sound recording category. The whole process can be done online but there is still and option to do the filing and payment using traditional mail.What is the easiest software to make music? ›
GarageBand also happens to be one of the easiest platforms to use for making great music. It allows you to create a song with up to 255 tracks and even offers a virtual session drummer.How can I make beats software for free? ›
- Magix Music Maker. Magix Music Maker is a popular beat-making application for your music needs, ideal for beginners. ...
- FL Studio. FL Studio is compatible with macOS and Windows 8.1. ...
- Cakewalk by BandLab. ...
- orDrumbox. ...
- MuseScore. ...
- Ableton Live. ...
- LMMS. ...
- HammerHead Rhythm Station.
Padmaster is an app that allows you to make beats using a combination of various sound packs. It lets you create your own musical instruments and sounds.What is the best website to make music for free? ›
- Text to Speech.
There are a lot of sites that let you sell or lease your beats. Some – if not most, websites offer free signup accounts with limitations on things like upload quantity or the percentage cut that they take from each piece of content you sell or lease.How much should a beginner sell beats for? ›
If you are the only one in your area making beats for rappers, then $500.00 is probably your price point. If you're selling beats online as a unknown then $100 to $300 might be more reasonable. On most beat sites your average offer from an artist will range from $10 to $50 maximum.Can I get sued for using a beat? ›
Anytime you use someone else's original music, the creator has the right to compensation through a license fee, and/or a songwriting credit that ensures a fair share of royalties. If someone has released music that uses your beat without your permission or a proper credit, there are few things you can do about it.
Generally speaking, an indemnification clause provides that, if the company allowing use of their “free beats” gets sued for something you did with the beat, you are going to hire an attorney to represent them in court, and you'll pay any judgment entered against the company if they lose at trial.